Monday, May 09, 2005

We're 66% of the way there

Hayley has been pregnant 6 months today. Wow. That seems like a long time. I guess in the scale of the birth of a star, its not much, but for people like . . . well, me - half a year's pretty decent. Made me think about another classic time of waiting and how similar it is. Engaged to be married, preganant with a baby. Both are about waiting. On one hand, you know what's coming, but on the other, you can't possible predict what it will be like. Both are happy times but punctuated with the anxiety of the unknown. When both come to an end, life is never the same again. One could be excused for letting this freak one out a little. But I was helped with a healthy measure of perspective from my brothers blog just the other day . . . .

"My demons arose from 20 days of work with not a single full day off. So for some time, Monday 2nd April had become my horizon and it felt good to finally allow its trade winds to take and push me to the point of relaxation and emotinal redemption. Even though my board stayed dry due to lack of waves, I still embraced the body surf and as I bobbed up and down I realized that these really are 'the good old days'. It's that strange equation; take your current life sittuation add 5 years, lose a couple of friends, gain a couple of friends and all of a sudden your current sittuation becomes 'the good old days'.
Think about it: come 2009 you will look back on today and reminisce.
So stop whinning about your current sittuation and embrace it, because these are the 'good old days'.


Sage words indeed. Suffice to say that I'm not freaking out, but eagerly anticipating the end of August like a man desires his honeymoon. But while we wait as life decides to evolve itself its good to know that althought some moments - like species - become extinct from the present, they certianly don't desert us forever. They just become the foundation of good days we've had. And set the expectation for what's to come

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home