Monday, June 20, 2005

The Pulse

Lots of pictures on the blog lately, but not too much info. And since the idea is not only to be an update for you, but also a record for my boy during the 9 months he is on the inside, a moment to touch base could be in order. (By the way I stole this idea of my brother.)

What I'm reading
I've just finished 2 books. Fatherhood by Tony Payne, a easy read, but a really solid manhood, fatherhood type book. The other was the Rhinemann Exchange by Robert Ludlum. A top WW2 Nazi spy novel. Finished it at midnight last night.

What I'm listening too.
A bit of a trip down memory lane with Cake and the Presidents of the United States. Last week was a week I needed the President's frenzy and the driving bass of Cake. But as I type this, it's Van Morrison.

What's out my window
Steady cold windy rain in the St James carpark and a homeless guy going thru the bins.

Most recent movie
Couple of nights ago we got out Finding Neverland. A bit slow in parts but well worth it. It mastered the sad but satisfying ending.

The next big challenge
Many. Writing a Synod report for Youth stuff in the Cape, writing a sermon on Ps 105 for a preaching group, trying to get my arse into gear to read the bible with a guy here at church, getting back into running after a 3 week break, continung to be a servant while loosing the snotty self righteous attitude.

Current thoughts on Baby Tub's
Pumped, egar, a bit nervous. The realisation that these are the last 2 months without kids . . . ever . . . not sure what to do with that.

Scott





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home