Monday, August 15, 2005

Benjamin James Tubman!

Welcome to your very own website, champ!

For the rest of us, the pics are below and even though words fall far short, some words nevertheless.

Maybe just some memorable moments . . .

When we got to the hospital, the guy at the front desk was a legend - I think he was ex-SWAT. He immediately picked up the phone and said, "We need a wheelchair down to front desk, STAT!" 10 seconds later we were on our way up to the labor ward.

After the epidural, our Doc came in and said that baby was still very high and in a bad position. Could try anothger 8-10 hrs of labour but no guarentees. Didn't push us but suggested a cesa. Hayley's dream had come true! We said "hell,yes" He said, "How does 45 min suit you?!" I get dressed up, we go into the theatre the cesa happens without a hitch - amazing - and Benjamin James enters the world.

I cut the cord (with what look suspciously like cigar cutters) and the 3 of us spend some good time together - he is so aware and calm it was awesome. Then while Hayley goes post op, I go to the nursery and after he is weighed, I sit with him for 20-30 min, skin to skin. We prayed, hugged and while I told him all the cool things we were going to do in the next 30 years, he tried to suck my boob. Hayley was ready so we went back to her and he breastfeed well.

The whole experience couldn't have been better, but I feel like I was on work experience, being part of the whole thing, but it stills seems surreal,but nice. On numerous times I was overwhelmed with a wave ofthankfulness and feelings of genuine love, but past that finding it hard to put into words.

Sleep will be tough tonight. But as I sign out from my first post as Dad, I'm thanking God very much for His goodness.

Scott

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful little boy!
Look forward to meeting the little one when you return in dec!
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this precious time!
Welcome to the world Benjamin!

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Hayley!

Congratulations on your new son! I look forward to teaching him at Kids club!

God Bless

Andrew Galloway

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hayley and Scott!!! And welcome to the family Benjamin. Hope to see you guys soon and to personally meet Benjamin.

Sean, Debi, Demi, Saskia and baby Seth

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home