Monday, August 29, 2005

Saturday

"Every cloud has a silver lining."
I hate sayings like that for lots of reasons, but partly becuase I'm never quite sure what they mean. If your trying to say that something that looked like a bit of dud actually turned out to be pretty good - then I guess that was my Saturday. But let's bust the cliche wide open.

It dawned on me at about 6:30am Saturday morning that I'm never going to sleep in again. Well, that's not strictly true, I guess when Ben is about 14 he'll be sleeping in too. That's not too long to wait, right? I've always lived my life knowing that my Satudays would be different to my Mon-Fri's. But Ben hasn't quite mastered that concept yet. In fact, he can't, because if he did stop feeding and pooing he'd probably end up back in hospital. So I was trying to digest the fact that, while I wasn't at work, Saturdays were bearing a remarkably strange resmeblance to the rest of the week.

But it was a balmy day in Cape Town and I ended up pottering in the yard, letting the dogs have a run, I fired up the weber and sat under the tress with Hayley and enjoyed a tasty lunch with a couple of glasses of white. And it suddenly dawned on me that this isn't so bad. In fact, you might even say, I've got the best of both worlds. So cliches aside, if you were tring to say that something that looked like a bit of dud actually turned out to be pretty good - then I guess that was my Saturday.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home