Thursday, March 29, 2007

What did you learn?


Respect and Honour.

That is what King Leonadis teaches his son in the dusty square of the courtyard.

He was preparing his son by talking and wrestling. He was preparing him for battle, for life.

The young boys mother looks on approvingly. She will teach him also, but she can not teach him these things.

The boy is attentive. He respects and honours his father, his authority, his scars and his deep rough voice.

What did you learn as a boy?
What do you hope to pass to your son?
How will you prepare him?

Respect and honour is good.

Faith, Love and Hope may well be better.

Scott

PS: If you're lost - this is a reflection from the movie '300'. Catch up at www.accordingtoscott.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm not advocating an emotionally lopsided 400BC style Spartan education for boys! But there is something there which awakens something within . . . .
Scott

2:33 PM  
Blogger dD said...

AAARRGGGHHH SHERBIT..Scotty..take us TAKE US!!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I'm teaching my son two things:

Love Jesus, and take care of your sister.

I wonder sometimes if there is something I'm missing...

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I reckon your a great dad J Man!

I want to offer Ben my strength and wisdom so that he might find refuge in the strength and wisdom of his heavenly Father.

Scott

9:15 AM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

I thought to add something besides Leighton and dD's grunting!!

Okay, maybe not...

ARGH!!! Sherbit Scotty! Take us TAKE US!!

Unfortunately, i have no idea what i mean and i have no idea what else to say

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home