Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Day 3 was another good day

I realise at this point that it is starting to dawn on you that there are only so many pictures of someone else's kid you can look at without baby overload. And that's cool. If you just want to dip in for a quick update whenever it suits you, that's fine by me. But I know there are some devoted fans out there - Leights, Kitty, Meryl and Julia, not to mention the mums. But even more than that - this blog lets me express joy to people both near and far - so if you get bored and tune out, I don't really care.

Today Ben got the snip. When he got back from his little trip he was fast asleep, so it didn't seem to bother him too much. Still sleeping lots, not crying much, so lets hope it lasts. Hayley is doing well but very keen to get home - which will be tommorrow.

This afternoon I thought I would be the proactive dad and decided to change the nappy at bed side before Hayley set herself up for a feed. With a snipped penis, festy cord stump and some seriously stinky poo - it was the challenge of the day - but I was feeling good. That was until I realised I had begun the procedure without all the stuff I needed close at hand - and then the inevitable happened and the fountain of wee erupted everywhere. What, 5 seconds previous, had been a perfectly ordered situation had become chaos. There is a lesson for life in there somewhere . . .

Tommorrow is D Day, we'll be bringing Ben back home. We have passed go, it's time to collect $200.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home