Thursday, August 18, 2005

Midnight Thoughts

I just enjoyed an expensive cigar under a nearly full moon by candlelight at midnight. As tends to happen, I started to think the kind of thoughts that usually get crowded out during the course of an average day (not that I've had too many of those lately). I came up with a list of things I want to do with Ben at some point along the way. Some are more important than others, but each have value. I realise I might be getting just a bit ahead of myself here, but a good plan today is better than a perfect plan tommorrow. So here we go. They are in no particular order.

Light a fire
Climb a tree
Do his first movie together
Cook a tasty meal
Learn to be patient
Argue convincingly yet graciously
Catch a clean a fish
Teach him which stars are which
Introduce him to Jesus
Show him how to improvise
Catch his first wave
Be self controlled
Pray
Go camping
Read a poem
Encourage him to stick his neck out
Appreciate both comic books and Shakespeare

It's not exhustive, but it's a start.

Scott

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog site!! Bookmarked it for future reference.

I have a poker texas
site/blog. It pretty much covers poker texas related stuff.

Come see mine if you get time.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! I loved the pictures and loved your words, Scotty! You've got all the moms at the moms' table at Coffee Morning going "awwwwwwwww" when they read your letter - especially the part about your alone time with Ben, your prayers and "all the cool things you're going to do together in the next 30 years"!!

Enjoy Ben - enjoy each other and CALL me if you want to ask any baby questions!

Love you both lots

Love Taryn Hayes

11:07 PM  
Blogger Craig Tubman said...

Yep, I like that list!
and if you ever need uncle Craig to come round and assist you just let me know!
"Sticking Your Neck Out 101", I've already got the course notes ready!
ct

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home