Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The pen is mightier than the wallet



I've been published four times. Don't worry, it's not as good as it sounds.

The first time was in the History Teachers Association mag (the article I wrote was ripped off some extra study papers Mrs Davis, my year 12 ancient history tacher, gave me).

The second was in one of Ken's books.

The third was in a booklet a minister in J'burg put together on evangelism (The article was published under the name 'Stuart Tubman' ???!!!)



The fourth was the one that really paid off. Hayley got me to write something for a baby magazine about being a Dad. (I think if you go back to one of the first posts on this blog, you'll find it there). For a long time - nothing. Then a phone call saying they would use it. Much later . . .they deliver a cool all terrian 3 wheel Jeep pram and a camp cot. Not sure what it's like where you are at, but over here, these things are big bucks.

Score!

Scott

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig Tubman said...

everyone's got new cars!

That pram is so cool....does this mean you are a semi-professional writer?

Most of the great writers never got nothing for what they penned!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Can I write?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

J-man, you sure can! Whether you WANT to write into a section of the mag called, "Men behaving Dadly" is another story. Loose my self respect, but gain a cool pram!

9:27 AM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

Things like that never happen to me. I like totally suck at winning stuff!!

Awesome that you got that pram though... Ben must be so stoked! Stoked?? LOL... i cant believe i used that word

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home