Monday, June 25, 2007

Monkey see, Monkey do

Ben imitates just about everything we do.

From how we sweep the floor, to how we brush our teeth, how I water the garden and the frustrated noises we make when something doesn't go our way. So I guess that when he saw me take off my boots after cutting the grass the other day, it was a no brainer for him.

It has made me realise that rasing a kid - at least in the early years - is all about making good behaviour caught just as much as it is taught.

It has also reminded me of 1 John 3.

'How great is the love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are! . . . We know that when He appears we shall be like Him, for we shall see him as He is.' (v1-2)

To imitate our heavenly Father by walking with Jesus is what it is all about.
So while I hope that Ben can catch some of the good things from his earthly Dad, I pray that he will also become more like His heavenly Father too.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home