Thursday, November 08, 2007

We live in a society of laws

In the last few weeks we have started to focus a bit more on some discilpine for Ben. So far, he has responded fairly well and we are learning as we go.

With all this stuff bubbling away in my mind, I happened to stumble over a little bit of parenting advice from the one, the only Homer Simpson. Here is the speech he delivered to Bart after the little guy was caught shoplifting.

It made me laugh.

'How could you? Haven't you learnt anything from that guy who gives the sermons in church? Captain What's-his-name? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you? Except at that guy who made sound effects (Homer imitates the guy and chuckles to himself, then refocuses) Where was I? Oh yeah - stay out of my booze.'

Thus endeth the lesson

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home