Wednesday, May 17, 2006

'Do Not Eat'


Have you ever opened a box and a small packet of silicon crystals falls out? The kind that are meant to absorb all the mostiure insode the box? The kind that say on the packet, "Do not eat"?

Happened to me yesterday when I was putting up a wall heater in Ben's room. Trouble is, he got to the packet in the stealth way that only babies can and the next thing I know Hayley tells me, "He's got that thing in his mouth!" Wondering which thing we were talking about, I ran into the room to discovered that he had eaten a hole in it and had a mouthful of crystals. Fortunately he hadn't swallowed any and a quick call to poison hotline confirmed they were harmless. Kind of jealous though. I had always followed the instructions and I still don't know waht they taste like :)

Scott

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only are they harmless, but the ones you have don't have any moisture in them either (they should go pink when they have some, then clear when they are full of moisture). If you swallowed some you could have felt your stomach dry up Very cool!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Goldy -- how do you know this?

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha.
I've been buying a waterproof case for my camera gear & had to look into "Dessicants" for the inside to keep it dry.
The things you learn...

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home